Looking for an active clan accepting casual players

Public enquiries and applications
Linclon85
Not a TECie

Post by Linclon85 » 21. Mar 2016, 11:58

Good morning fellow tankers,

I have found your post about your recruitment in the WG official forum and was appealed by the name of your clan as well as the description I found of it there. Let me introduce myself.

I am a French casual player a little bored with selfish behaviours in random battles and looking for battle partners. Since I work and have a family of my own (2 kids under the age of 3), I usually cannot meet the presence requirements of most clans, no matter how strong my motivation can be. That is why I have not been looking for a clan for some time now. However, I long for teamplay and strategic battles, not just blind and selfish play with a random group of players. I am a fast learner and look out for anything that would help me improve my gameplay, especially from more skilled and experienced players.

I try to play a little bit every day or every other day (usually before I go to work or after the kids went to bed), at least to profit from the x2 bonus experience for the first win of the day. I can free myself for a couple of hours if I can organize for it (Skirmishes, CW).

In terms of clan knowledge, I have been part of Belgian clan a couple months back but they lacked the cooperation I was looking for. They established strategies during the first 30 second countdown but once the battle started, we got back to a "every man for himself". I am actually looking for more team play and cooperation and therefore did not stay. I tend to sumarize it as : I don't want to play along side others players but with them, if you see what I mean. I have had the time to test skirmishes in Tiers VI and VIII with them but not CW yet. I am interested in discovering these aspects of the game too.
I have also seen your platoon of the month permanent event which is a concept I find very interesting to motivate people in playing together. :D

In terms of tanks, here is what I have :
- 1 Tiers VIII heavy tank (T32) with a 2 skill crew working on their third one (>350 batttles, 50% WR)
- 3 Tiers VI tanks, 2 TDs - JagdPanzer IV (>100 battles, 48% WR) and Hellcat (50 battles, 55% WR) - and 1 arty - M44 (>100 battles, 57% WR)
As you may have understood, I am mostly in the american branch. I try not to get too scattered since I wouldn't have the time to grind too many branches at once and my goal in still to reach th Tier X some day ^^. Not playing with a premium account I usually find myself blocked with credit issues buying the next Tier. However, I recently decided to invest in the Hellcat and this tank may help me a lot in buying my M103 faster.

I have just recently got over the 1000 overall WN8 score and have always managed to stay above the 51% overall WR you require.

I am very much open to questions either in this post or on your Teamspeak and would very much appreciate to platoon with you to test your atmosphere and gameplay (and so you may test mine).

Question : how do you plan your Skirmishes and CW events ? (for platoons I guess it's as soon as ingame members say they want to ^^)

PS: if you look out for me, my nickname is Linclon85. Yes I have miss-typed it when registering :( but I only noticed it a couple months later. Having found out by then how long it could take to grind the next Tier, I never had the courage to delete and recreate an account, nor have I decided to pay to rename ^^

kevtt1
Private

1 True TECie - Silver

1 Platoon of the Year

2 Platoon of the Month

7 Skream Mastery - 3rd Class

Post by kevtt1 » 21. Mar 2016, 12:41

I'm sure the officers will be along in due course but personally anyone who takes the time to provide such a detailed application stating a willingness to learn and such deserves a trial period with in the clan.

Are clan events and skirmishes are planned in advance in main forum and people log their ability to attend.

Linclon85
Not a TECie

Post by Linclon85 » 21. Mar 2016, 12:49

Hi kevtt1,

Thanks for your answer both to my post and question :)

Hoxter
Recruitment Officer

1 True TECie - Silver

1 Platoon of the Month

1 Hoxter Commemoration Medal

Post by Hoxter » 21. Mar 2016, 12:54

Ok, I renamed you :)

But, since we have little space in clan, and you are not 100% fitting into min.req. for TEC, I can not go with decision on my own but have to talk to other in command, so pleas bare with us a little longer. It will be decided soon!
Quis Prius Moriit Longius Mortus Est!

Linclon85
Not a TECie

Post by Linclon85 » 21. Mar 2016, 13:19

Hi Hoxter,

No problem, I'm in no hurry. I fully understand that such a decision is not in the hands of only 1 person and that it can take a few days (I have been an active officer in a WoW guild for the past few years)

However, I am surprised by your comment that I am not 100% fitting into min req. I believe I do comply with all the reqs indicated in your official WG forum post (http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php? ... ecruiting/). Can you tell me with which req I do not comply from your point of view (maybe something I missed or misunderstood) ? I will of course totally understand if me application is considered a little too borderline compared to the needs of the clan. And whatever your decision can be, feel free to add me in your contacts if you ever need someone to occasionally fill in the ranks.

PS: as for the nickname, I had intentionally registered under Lincoln85 as it was the nickname I intended to have registering WoT in the first place. I totally understand you prefer me to have the same one on your forum ;)

Edited: I love the 2 skirmish wins Outfielder posted in your recruitment post this WE !

Hoxter
Recruitment Officer

1 True TECie - Silver

1 Platoon of the Month

Post by Hoxter » 21. Mar 2016, 13:35

Linclon85 wrote:Hi Hoxter,

No problem, I'm in no hurry. I fully understand that such a decision is not in the hands of only 1 person and that it can take a few days (I have been an active officer in a WoW guild for the past few years)

However, I am surprised by your comment that I am not 100% fitting into min req. I believe I do comply with all the reqs indicated in your official WG forum post (http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php? ... ecruiting/). Can you tell me with which req I do not comply from your point of view (maybe something I missed or misunderstood) ? I will of course totally understand if me application is considered a little too borderline compared to the needs of the clan. And whatever your decision can be, feel free to add me in your contacts if you ever need someone to occasionally fill in the ranks.

PS: as for the nickname, I had intentionally registered under Lincoln85 as it was the nickname I intended to have registering WoT in the first place. I totally understand you prefer me to have the same one on your forum ;)
No prob mate...I'll tell you...here's a copy paste from the link you provided yourself above:

Our members shall combine 2 out of 3 attributes:

- Global WN8 of 1000+ (or 1400+ recent), global win rate of 51+% (or 53+% recent) and good teamplay capabilities.
your recent WN8 is 1180 and your recent win rate is 51,67%
- Active contribution to the community including forum usage, platooning etc.
- TEC mindset: the will to improve and win, clan affiliation, open and positive character, being a good sport

All members shall be 18+ years old, speak English and use TeamSpeak.

To join our Skirmishes, the following tanks are good to have: T37, either Cromwell, RU 251, AMX 13 90, IS-3.
you said you have T32, JagdPanzer IV, Hellcat and M44 spg

Feel free to ask anything you want! ;)

Hoxter
Recruitment Officer

1 True TECie - Silver

1 Platoon of the Month

Post by Hoxter » 21. Mar 2016, 13:39

And it is not that it really matters that much, If we accept you and it shows that you're an OK chap, which I believe you are, we would be glad to wait your grind towards some more useful tanks in team activities. But since you've asked yourself i felt obligated to answer.

Linclon85
Not a TECie

Post by Linclon85 » 21. Mar 2016, 14:05

Ah ok, I thought it might have to do with these "recent" figures but I had no idea what they referred to precisely. Don't know where to look for them either (where did you get mine ? I don't see them in wotstats for instance...)

As for the tanks, agreed though it is said that they are "good" to have ;) FYI, I am grinding my way up in the light part of the american tech tree (more slowly as I have not found myself very good at playing scouts which get destroyed way too fast as long as the crew isn't skilled enough) but not towards the T37. I am grinding with the M7 to get the T21. If that helped, I don't mind rerolling to grind my way to the T37. In the meantime, I guess the Hellcat can serve just as well (nearly got my first skill to 100%)

mus_schrott
Private

1 True TECie - Silver

2 Platoon of the Month

1 Skream Mastery - 1st Class

2 Skream Mastery - 2nd Class

11 Skream Mastery - 3rd Class

Post by mus_schrott » 21. Mar 2016, 18:22

one often-used stats-page is wotlabs. Here's your profile there: link

Thing about wanted tanks (I've learned this the hard way in this clan, too ;) ) is that they need to fit together. Hellcat is a nice tank, but not quite as mobile (ground resistances and turret traverse), with less health, less camo (esp while moving) and with not quite as much view range as a real light tank. Tier 6 scrims are most often run with a combination of Cromwell/Skoda T25 and Type 64/T-37/AMX 12t in this clan.

The Rising Sun
Executive Officer

1 True TECie - Silver

3 Platoon of the Year

20 Platoon of the Month

2 Skream Mastery - 1st Class

17 Skream Mastery - 2nd Class

65 Skream Mastery - 3rd Class

3 VIP Slayer

Post by The Rising Sun » 21. Mar 2016, 19:16

Hey Linclon,

Thanks for the application. As you noticed, our recruitement post does not reflect our current team setups. I would have two questions for you.

To participate in our skrims regularly, you would need the IS-3 and one of the following tanks: Cromwell / Cromwell B / Type 64 / T37. Do you think you could grind them in a reasonable time (how long)?

At the moment, our standard timeslots are Friday 20:00 - 22:00 CET and Mo or Tu 20:00-22:00 CET. Do you have usually time on these evenings?

Cheers,
TRS

Hoxter
Recruitment Officer

1 True TECie - Silver

1 Platoon of the Month

Post by Hoxter » 21. Mar 2016, 20:38

I have sent you an invite for membership in clan with short instruction over worldoftanks.eu website. I will give you more instructions when you join us and will be your mentor through the process of evaluation and grind.
So whatever you need PM me in game, on forum, or talk to me on TS when I'm there.
In my absence, any other commanding personnel will help you or give yo advice.

I have no doubt that you will be valuable member of TEC

Forum privileges will be set in next few minutes so you can get the access to full forum where you will also find data for TS server and everything else. We will talk about the grind and stronghold once you are online.

Welcome mate!

mus_schrott
Private

1 True TECie - Silver

2 Platoon of the Month

1 Skream Mastery - 1st Class

2 Skream Mastery - 2nd Class

11 Skream Mastery - 3rd Class

Post by mus_schrott » 21. Mar 2016, 20:59

Hoxter wrote: In my absence, any other commanding personnel will help you or give yo advice.
ftfy ;-)

Welcome, Linclon85 (the 85th clone of Abraham Lincoln - awesome). Now I'm not the biggest noon in the clan anymore ;-). Looking forward to tooning up with you!

Linclon85
Not a TECie

Post by Linclon85 » 21. Mar 2016, 21:03

Hi TRS,

Thank you for your reply.

As it took me a few months to get to where I am with my T32, I don't believe I could grind and be of help with an IS-3 in a reasonable time lapse (several months). Though it is a nice tank, choosing to start the russian tech tree now would be like creating a new account since I have absolutely no tank researched in this tree line (starting from Tier I). I am not really fond of really big changes like that (past experience with a reroll on WoW created specifically for the needs of a guild which never served because another player grinded his way up before I did). By the time I get the IS-3 it may very well be possible that your team setups may have changed and I would feel like I have lost precious time I could have used to get to Tier X in the american line (for instance).
As for the T37, since I haven't unlocked the Chaffee, I would first have to buy back the M5 Stuart and grind my way up. I belive I could do that within a month or two. I am not sure whether you will consider this a reasonable time but you tell me. I am ready to do so (and probably will even if I cannot join you - too bad I didn't know better when I chose the M7 part of the tech line ^^).

In the end I believe it depends mainly on whether or not participation to skrims twice a week is mandatory or not. I have applied here as I am looking preferencially for an english speaking clan, with no mandatory participation. I can have one of these evenings you talk about (pref. Mo or Tu) blocked for skrims or other clan activities (it may be a little difficult to ensure the 8pm because of the kids but if I were to join, I would see how to organize myself in order to be there. As for other days, it wouldn't be on a regular basis.

Linc

@mus_rott: thanks for the intel ! I completely agree that tanks should fit together as best as possible, especially according to the field leader's needs/skills.

Linclon85
Not a TECie

Post by Linclon85 » 21. Mar 2016, 21:07

Hello Hoxter,

Thank you very much for the invitation and your message. I'll see you soon ingame and on TS.

@mus : LOL. Same here ^^

PS: Sry for this double post but there were two other answers while I was answering to TRS ^^